There is a new mayor in town and he has promised to improve the city. Johnson Dagana, a doctorate degree holder in Political History and Diplomatic Studies, has been sworn in as the national president of the Super Eagles Supporters Club following his victory at the club’s national election over the weekend in Abuja.
A lawyer by profession, Johnson Dagana was the Chairman of the Bayelsa State Chapter of the Super Eagles Supporters Club and Chairman of Chairmen of the SESC across the state chapters of the Federation prior to the election.
Showering encomium on the immediate past president, Vincent Olukmagba and other outgoing Executive members, Dagana who hails from Odi Town in the kolokuma/ Opokuma Local Government Area of Bayelsa State, promised to continue from where they stopped while also providing the practical and effective templates and tools to help the supporters’ club implement best practices across the board.
“Fans are the reasons football exists at all and supporters remain loyal to the colours they proudly wear when their voices are heard since fans help shape football’s future”.
“We must rebrand as a brand and that is why we are here”, Dagana concluded as congratulatory messages began pouring in minutes after the swearing-in ceremony in Abuja.
The Super Eagles Supporters Club is the number 1 fan club in Nigeria as recognized by FIFA.
Below is the full list of the newly elected officers of the SESC.
*SUPER EAGLES SUPPORTERS CLUB NATIONAL ELECTED OFFICERS*
1. National President: Dr (Barr) Johnson Amaowei Dagana
2. Deputy National President: Alhaji Musiliu Alao Jimoh
3. National Vice President North: Mohammed Mohammed:
4. National Vice President South-South: Prince Adekunle Dare
5. National Vice President South East: Stephen Ikoro Ekeh
6. Treasurer: Abibat Arowolo
7. Financial Secretary: Pastor Wilfred Akpan
8. National Public Relations Officer: Olutoye Orishabiyi
9. Welfare Officer: Umar Muhammed
10. Social Secretary: Chief Ejiro Okurame
11. Chief Whip: David Etaba
12. Internal Auditor: Jonathan Joseph
1. OGUNSOLA OLUDELE OLUMUYIWA RALPH (General Secretary)
2. Diji Obadiah (Ex-officio)
2. Sam Pirar (Ex-officio)
3. Blessing Nwanolue (Ex-officio)